Looking behind the mask
“Our actions are the only mirror in which we can see who we really are”
Thomas Carlyle – Sign of the Times
Would you like to swing on a star?
Carry moon beams home in a jar?
And be better than you are?
Or, would you rather be a mule?
Swinging on a Star
What you do, is who you are
- Definitely not for “mules” (Maslow’s 98%)
- Only for the discerning – evaluating how “I” act and do creating constructive ways to lead, inspire, engage, influence (self and others)
- Looking for awareness in maintaining clarity, focus, composure even when things are uncertain or going “pear-shaped”
- Up for new insights in personal effectiveness and impact
- For thinking-bigger and seeing situations through different lenses, extending beyond self-imposed limits
- Willing to embrace a dynamic combination of current reality mixed with the sureness of success – “getting real and getting on with it”
- Ready for growth and self-development (no matter experience or how “young”)
- Perhaps not sure “where I’m at or what I’m after” but definitely know that I have to do something…. and sooner rather than later
- All important stuck-busting – suffering-ending – breaking out of old habits and routines – that are way past there use-by. Bringing fresh new perspectives and approaches to life
- Answering the question – “Who am I”? But by creating it, not trying to find it
To thine own self be true
Removing the put-on, energy-sapping, masquerade