Dealing effectively with “ourselves” can be a big challenge
Try as we might, despite best efforts, our false selves keep imposing and, getting in the way. Wary and on guard, acting like small narcissistic trolls rushing-forward at a moments notice. Pushing, berating, policing performance against almost everything, with loud outbursts of self-absorbed nostalgia.
Satisfaction and peace of mind have long since taken wing, freedom and happiness flying away, too. Now stuck in the midst of our very own groundhog-day. This nightmarish-scenario playing-out over, and over again.
Time to try something new
You’ll be amazed at what is possibleSpontaneous * Self-generating * Free
(Res ipsa loquitur)
∗ Elite training & self development ∗
* * * * * * * * * * * *
As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters – Seneca
- Most of the time we cruise through life on automatic pilot, gliding across the thin ice of denial. Spinning and turning with desired perfection – using habit, pretence, self-image – as a means of trying to avoid the still black water of disappointment, inadequacy and fear that sit below. But it doesn’t work
- We get into a spot of bother. Becoming fixated and rigid, stilted, wooden to the point of unnatural, firmly set in our ways. And suffer. Pretending that we don’t, deep-down knowing that we do
- Life taking-on a beige pastiche of getting-by, trying not to fail. Working hard at eliminating, diminishing, camouflaging our inadequacies. Needing to be careful, else small slip-ups might trigger weaknesses into view, shaming, leaving us exposed. Efforting manages to dull the vulnerability, but not making it disappear
- Unwittingly also, destroying the top, our unrealised higher potential, by replacing with a lukewarm, average-middle-zone. Personal upper and lower control-limits put in place, acting as self-imposed boundaries, to live within. Cautiously staying in between, cocooned, in an intimate fortified-pod-of-protection, supposedly keeping us safe, and secure
Growing new versus going through
- Taking a walk on the wild side, Mark Twain captured wonderfully well, the unheralded shortcomings and frontier-foibles of our rudimentary-view – “when we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained”
- An interesting take on what Shakespeare might not have actually meant by ‘to thine own self be true’ nevertheless, right-on-the-money. And, it does not just end there; as our ‘madness’ also comes with close family ties
- For, only by realising the extent to which we are driven by the sibling vanity of our endeavours, smallness of our attachments, urgency of our aversion, can we free ourselves from our walled-constraints, and the “stuckness of our situation”. Ceasing the mindless chatter, needless action, mirage-like daydreaming, of seeking a more comfortable, controlled way, of skating through life
“What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality”
Awareness and practice not perfection leads to growth and mastery
We can awaken to self-knowledge and, a sense of who we are, through the relentless practice of observation.
Self-awareness is not analysis; nor meditating silently under a tree or, needing a mindfulness retreat to reach higher ground; it is simply noticing what we think, how we react, and what our subtle, over-used strategies for coping are.
If we notice, notice, notice; observing ourselves objectively – that is, without judgment – we can begin to see clearly our limited ideas of how we are supposed to be, how others are meant to behave, how life should turn-out.
We are premier specialists in developing personal mastery.
Unsurpassed ability to notice and take new effective action.
Personal Mastery is practice and awareness ahead of time, so that when dealing with opportunity, or adversity, what is understood is immediately available, and usable.
What you need to know:
- Only for discerning, and critical thinkers, interested in getting to the “nub of the matter”
- Tested, challenged and refined over more than 25 years, into an unsurpassed learning experience…. it works; on anybody, even hard-nuts
- Uniquely targeted at the who and why. Then, what and how. Socratic personal development first and foremost, followed by appropriate action
- Two carefully crafted modes of delivery – one on one or small group process. Structure and content are similar, equally effective. You choose
- If you’ve ever wondered…. “I want to do something really special for me; worth my time and effort; personable, informal, professional and highly sophisticated; exceptionally well-credentialed and world-class; guaranteed to have impact and lasting results; focused on potential (even at my age), capacity, happiness and output, but doesn’t take months or meetings to finalise; not out-there alternative or “fluffy”; something that is value for money, and outstanding, with strong effect on improving key relationships and outcomes”?
- Then, stop wondering
Looking back it has been a fantastic journey and this is the first time in years I feel motivated and energised”
Senior Executive with mojo back
“It’s the best development program I have ever done (and I have done a lot). It has made a significant difference to my work and home life – people who have known me for years have noticed the difference and my connection with my teenage son has improved as a result”
Senior Executive making a difference
“For so many years it was like I was waiting for something (for what exactly, I have no idea). Hoping everything would somehow get better or, all turnout and fall into place. My real life would start soon. Things were fine, no real complaints but, being honest now, not really fulfilling. Not really me. Not anymore!”
Executive Leader – flying